Sunday, December 06, 2009

Question of Hopes and Dreams


I was dreaming of working for NGO organisation since I was in high school year. A year after my graduation from UBU, I decided to move to work in Bangkok, which is a place that I never dream of living before, I finally am making it here at TVS (Thai Volunteer Service Foundation), currently working as a co-ordinator for the Collaboration for Young Generation in Mekong Region, working here I am using English alot in writing, speaking, listening and reading, I will be traveling both nationwide and around Mekong Region countries alot, I'll be writing feature articles and taking photograph a lot. What else could I ask for me??

Am I living a dream? What about all the dreams that I left behind in Ubon???

Working here is not that difficult and not that easy, but it is challenging for me. Not only the knowledge of English that I have will enable me to work for TVS. But I still need to learn all kinds of social problems in Thailand, neighboring countries and the world. I have to know about human right, environments, peace, violence, local wisdom, cultures, FTA, volunteerism and so many other issues that I have to learn and to turn professional if possible.

So, I think that earning a master degree is a need now, which I never thought before. I believe I am kind of being on the right track, I think that working for TVS will help me to think of which way I should turn to in term of professional choice....but I still do not know what I really want to do in the future...NGOs? Magazine? Photographer? Teacher? Writer? Interpreter/ translator? English Crazy Club Org?

Am I living a dream? What happens I really love working here? What about people and all the dreams I left behind in Ubon - they are waiting for me? What should I do?

Am I caught in the middle? I am.... after six-month time is over. I think I will know what my answers to this question is all about!

In between hope and dream...

-Netting
21 August 2008
Huay Kwang, Bangkok

1 comment:

AOM IS A DREAMER ! said...

Come back when you are fed up with BKK life :) We are waiting for you na